A strategic working group of 5-8 stakeholders serves as an informal sounding board for BATIC Institute's activities.
Participants were nominated from a combination of legislators, non-profit associations, public agencies, international groups, universities, and rating agencies. Strategic Working Group members include:
- James Bass, Texas Department of Transportation
- Sam Beydoun, Virginia Office of Public Private Partnerships
- Jeff Ensor, Maryland Transit Administration
- Ron Epstein, New York State DOT
- Senator Farley, Arizona State Legislature
- Burt Tasaico, North Carolina DOT
- Lorie Tudor, Arkansas Highways
The group assists with developing the outreach plan through input on target audiences, ascertaining their capacity-building needs, identifying what products and services will meet those needs, and assisting with outreach efforts. The strategic working group:
- Includes both technical experts and program/agency managers drawn from stakeholder groups outside of the BATIC Institute team.
- Participates in regularly scheduled conference calls and provides continuing, non-binding input on the development of annual work plans and refining the strategic plan, as needed.
- Assists in identifying events sponsored by the federal government, state and local agencies, AASHTO Team members, and other key stakeholders that might be effective vehicles for supporting outreach activities.